Upper Arm Pain
One Solution to All Problem
Using the Right Customized Pillow
For Prevention and Recovery
How we Customized Your Pillow.
Measuring Neck length
- Stand, looking at eye level.
- DON’T BEND YOUR HEAD FORWARD/BACKWARD
- Feel the ‘Occipital Protuberance’ – the pointed small bone on the lower back of your head.
- Now, feel your C-7 vertebrae – first outermost bone just under the neck on the spine as the back starts.
The distance between OP and C-7 is your neck length.
Know Your Thickness
- Stand with one of your arm pressing into a wall so that your body and the wall make 90 angle.
- Keep your head straight – DO NOT TILT YOUR NECK SIDEWAYS.
- Measure the distance between the wall and your ear.
Your pillow should be 1 to 1.5 inches less in thickness to this measurement.
a. If you use the thick pillow, you head unnaturally bends your neck towards the chest, when you rest on your back. b. If you use a thin pillow, you head unnaturally bends your neck down, when you sleep on your side.
Why Should You Never Use Soft Pillows?
Soft pillows sink due to the weight of your head which weighs around 6-8kgs, depriving your head the height it needs to rest upon, bending your spine at multiple points.
Why Your Pillow Should Have Three Different Thickness Levels?
For Sleeping on the back-One – ‘0’ – ‘1.5’ inches for resting your head.Two – ‘1’ – ‘2’ inches to support the curvature of your neck.For Sleeping on the side-Three – ‘2.5’ – ‘5.5’ inches to give your head the height matching the broadness of your shoulders.
Why Do You Need Pillow Of A Different Size?
a. The length and curve of your neck are different from that of your family members
b. The broadness of your shoulders is different from that of your family members.